Community Engagement Manager
Located in Concord, CA, Monument Impact (MI) seeks a full-time, bilingual (Spanish/English), empathetic and self-motivated individual to join the MI team to manage programs that engage Monument residents some of the most urgent issues of our times. This is a unique opportunity during very unsettling times to make a significant difference in the lives of our predominately low-income, immigrant community and to be part of a movement for equity in Contra Costa County.
We are looking for an experienced manager and community organizer who can support and engage the community by building their leadership skills to advocate for equitable policies and programs that will improve the well-being of all Monument residents, including immigration, housing stability, health care access and more.
About Monument Impact
Monument Impact’s vision is to empower people to build a strong and vibrant quality of life. Our mission is to engage with the community to provide training and tools in order for people to become economically self-sufficient, healthy and safe, civically engaged, connected to each other, and committed to lifelong learning.
Since 2001, Monument Impact has addressed the needs of the Monument community of Concord, which is largely comprised of low-income immigrant families and people of color. The Monument Corridor makes up a small portion of the City of Concord, and yet contains more than 40,000 people– approximately 1/3 of the City’s population. The area is more than half Latino and about 50% of residents speak a language other than English at home. Monument residents have limited access to resources and services relative to the rest of Concord. Increasingly, we also serve residents throughout Contra Costa County who seek the services we provide through our Workforce Development, Healthy Community and Community Engagement programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Engagement Program Manager engages our local residents in key programs and helps develop their capacity as leaders. This Manager serves a valued member of the Management Team and has one direct report—the Community Engagement Coordinator. S/he will implement program activities designed to provide the tools and education for local residents to be active participants in building the future of this diverse community. S/he will collaborate with other staff to ensure that specific outcomes are met in line with program objectives and that the community’s interests are actively represented in advocacy efforts and future programs. The successful candidate will enjoy building relationships with diverse constituencies, partners and stakeholders.
Areas of Responsibility
– Leadership Development: (approx. 55%)
- Help develop leadership curricula and implement trainings for community members and staff
- Develop opportunities for residents to meet with key advocates, service providers, and community leaders
- Represent community needs at different partnership committees and advisory meetings
- Engage community members in campaigns identified by residents
- Connect residents with regular leadership opportunities such as advocating with policy makers, speaking to the media, and facilitating meetings
– Program Management (approx. 45%)
- Create detail-oriented program plans, outlining deliverables and timelines, and utilizing time effectively
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and juggle multiple programs at the same time
- Have proven track record of success under challenging circumstances keeping goals in mind.
- Manage programs by delivering goals, appropriately facilitating effective teamwork, and providing regular updates to Program Director on the progress of each program
- Work in collaboration with the Community Engagement Coordinator to support maintenance of the program’s Salesforce database to ensure accurate data and support the writing of timely reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required, ideally in education, sociology, social work or business
- Commitment to equity, social and economic justice and bottom-up social change
- Minimum four years experience in community organizing, developing leaders, managing programs and program budgets; supervision experience is ideal
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is required with excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in both Spanish and English
- Proven success working in an underserved, multi-cultural environment and ability to build strong working relationships with diverse groups of people
- Ability to guide, direct, and support others to advocate for equity and inclusion
- Confident and creative thinker with outstanding management and time skills
- Ability to set boundaries and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to track program outcomes and other participant data
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce or another database program is ideal
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision, paid holidays and vacation.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject Line: Community Engagement Manager.
Monument Impact is an Equal Opportunity Employer