Mission and Values
Monument Impact’s mission is to actively engage residents in training and tools that promote economic self-sufficiency, health and safety, civic engagement, community connections, and lifelong learning.
Community – We value the dignity, experience and leadership of all our community members.
Our work is driven by a deep and relational connection to our community members and partners, with emphasis on respect and honesty.
Partnership – We believe it is vitally important to work collaboratively with community members, organizations, foundations, donors and local governmental agencies to achieve our goals and increase resources and services for our community.
Equity – Recognizing that not everyone in our region is benefiting from economic prosperity, we help elevate community voices to ensure residents are heard, the diversity of their cultures is celebrated, and access to opportunity that truly sustains families and the community is ensured.
Cultural Competence – We are a trusted resource in the Monument’s predominately Latino community because of our commitment to culturally competent programs, a mostly bilingual staff, and community promoters and advocates. As the Monument becomes home to more refugees and other people of color, we commit to growing our competencies to serve the entire community.
Vision and Strategic Priorities
We envision a vibrant community with a healthy and strong quality of life.
- Grow our workforce development programs to include vocational and other skills development.
- Increase community leadership to advocate for equity and a sense of safety for immigrant residents, and to maintain housing stability.
- Cultivate new resources for culturally appropriate health and nutrition education, stress reduction and physical exercise in the Monument.
- Establish a communications and outreach strategy to increase our visibility in Contra Costa County and to inform Concord residents of Monument Impact’s services and Day Labor Center.
- Build our Board of Directors and expand our private base of support.