Employment Readiness Program:
The Employment Readiness Program provides comprehensive employment services to nonnative English speakers, refugees and community members with different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, CalWORKs recipients, and individuals with multiple barriers to employment.
Among the services that our participants receive are:
- On site ESL classes through our Workplace English Program, provided in collaboration with Mt. Diablo Adult Education. For information on our next class sessions, please view our flyer.
- One on One employment coaching and
- Employment Readiness Workshops (Friday mornings), which include:
- How and where to look for a job
- How to write a resume
- How to fill out a job application
- Job interviewing techniques
- Work standards and behavior in the U.S.
- How to resolve problems at work and keep working
- How to obtain a job promotion
*For information on our next workshop series, please view our flyer.
Employment Placement Program
The Employment Placement Program provides Expanded Subsidized Employment (ESE) to job-ready CalWORKs recipients, refugees, community members at-large and individuals with multiple barriers of employment.
The Employment Placement Coordinator stablishes relationships with local business creating an employment network to ensure the needs of the individual and the businesses are taking under consideration for a successful placement.
For more information, please contact:
Employment Readiness/Placement Coordinator 925-682-8248 ext. 2240