The goal of the technology program is to create a technology enriched environment that supports learning/independence and prepares students for the workforce. The program helps community residents overcome barriers that separate them from the power of computers.
The technology program provides three (3) computer levels: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced computer trainings year round. We train 60-75 Spanish speaking residents per quarter.
Our services are directly focused to those participants that have a clear goal toward financial success:
- Participants seeking a job
- Participants seeking advancement in their current industry (looking for a promotion)
- Participants who own a family business and want to learn how to manage more efficiently
- Participants on a higher educational path
Current Class Offerings
For information on our next class sessions, please view our flyer.
In this class you will learn fundamental computer skills: how to turn on your computer, use a mouse, internet navigation, email, the correct use of library, copy, paste, formatting documents, use of the keyboarding and more.
Intermediate – 10 weeks (in Spanish) Provides introduction to the most frequently used Microsoft Office software programs. Students learn how to create a family budget utilizing Excel, create professional documents in Word, visual presentations in PowerPoint, and create flyers with professional appearance in Publisher. This course builds a great foundation for participants interested in continuing to the advance course (Career Track).
Career Track – 22 weeks (in Spanish with English as a Second Language classes)
Learn the skills to become financially successful with this comprehensive course! You can exit with confidence to initiate/continue your job search, apply for a job promotion, continue onto higher education and/or have the knowledge to manage your family business more efficiently.
- Advance Technology Skills (Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint)
- Professional Development (In partnership with Wardrobe for Opportunity)
- ESL (Intermediate Level)
- Also includes mock interviews and work experience projects
For more information, please contact:
(925)-682-8248 ext. 2250